No one can ever resist a pizza, right from the kids to the adults have their own pizza preferences. Some like it cheesy, some prefer some vegetables or some meat over the crispy and yummy base. The thought of having a pizza can actually brighten up anyone’s day. But do you know how you can make this yummy pizza? Well, the answer is quite simple. All you require is a Pizza pan in order to make this delicious pizza with the topping of your choice.
Well, these days you can choose from the wide variety of pizza pans that are available in the market. You will need to see which one is perfect for you based on their features and size. Well, you can choose the best pizza pan for you from the market or even from the stores online. Just to help you with your selection of pizza cooking pan we have selected the 10 topmost ones along with their features, pros, and cons. Let us have a brief look at them.
Do you know what needs to be considered before buying pizza pans?
- The retention of heat: this is one of the most important criteria when you are buying a pizza pan for your kitchen. You need to be sure that the heat is evenly distributed for appropriate cooking. If there is no even distribution of heat then your pizza might get soggy.
- Versatility: always make sure that you check the compatibility of the device with which you will be making your pizzas. Some models work well with induction, cooking stove and so on. So you need to choose the most appropriate one for your home use.
Best Pizza Pans 2019
The 10 topmost pizza pans you could opt for:
1. Lodge P14P3 Seasoned Cast Iron Baking and Pizza Pan:
The pan is made from cast iron which will let you cook great stuff. Also, it has a surface that is non-sticky thus it is easier to cook. It is compatible with griller, oven, and stove. Due to its even distribution of heat one can cook well on this pan without any hassle.
- Due to its non-stick surface, it is very convenient and easy to clean
- It can be also used for making crepes, baking cookies and roasting vegetables as well
- It is very heavy
- It is quite large as well
2. ProBake Teflon Xtra Non-Stick Pizza Pan:
If you have always been wanting to bake professional cookies and thin crust pizzas then here is your chance. You should opt for this pan as it will make cooking easier for you. You can make yummy cheesy pizzas and even crepes right from your home now. Isn’t it cool? Also, this pan is priced reasonably. The edge of this pan is raised. The body of the pan is made of steel and thus it helps in even heating and baking.
- It has a multipurpose use
- It can be easily cleaned
- It can be prone to rust
- It is not safe for the dishwasher
- It is also not considered to be durable for a long period of time
3.AirBake Nonstick Pizza Pan, 15 Inch:
You can bake cookies as well as mouth-watering pizzas on this pan. It has a dimension marking which will help you to opt for the appropriate size. It weighs around 1.56 pounds. It also consists of a microtexture which makes baking all the more convenient and easy for you. It has a ceramic two-layered coating. Also, it is anti-corrosion and is considered to be resistant to scratches.
- It is a non-stick pan
- It can be easily cleaned and maintained
- It has an even distribution of heat thus cooking becomes easier
- The pan is very heavy
4.Wilton 2105-993 Recipe Right Nonstick Pizza Crisper:
You are sure to enjoy your journey of cooking like never before with the cast iron pizza baking pan. Its cooking diameter surface is 14-inches. Also, the great thing about this pan is that it comes along with a limited warranty life that is for 10 years. The pan weighs around 6.82 pounds. The pan is made of cast iron. It has been pre-seasoned with oil for easy and convenient use.
- It ensures a crispy crust
- It can be easily cleaned
- It can be used for both cooking as well as baking
- The finish of this pan is of poor quality
- It is heavy
5. Cuisinart AMB-14PP Chef’s Classic Non-stick Bake-ware 14-Inch Pizza Pan:
The pan has been powered with aluminized steel which is heavy duty and it also has a great finishing with rolled edges which assure to give you crispy and delicious cheesy pizzas with the toppings of your choice. The pan has a non-sticky finish which is very easy to use and clean. One of the best features of this pan is that it has a cooking surface which is perforated.
- The diameter of the pan is 14-inches
- The pan comes along with a lifetime limited warranty
- It is dishwasher friendly
- It weighs about 1.65 pounds
- The built quality of the pan is very strong
- Due to its perforated base, it becomes difficult to use the pan
- It is often prone to overheating
6.Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Mini Pizza Pan:
This pan has a strong base which is perforated and is made from the strong carbon steel and since you have forever been wanting to treat your friends, family and loved ones with delicious, mouth-watering, crispy homemade pizzas, here is your perfect opportunity which you should rather not miss out on! Since it is made from carbon steel it allows even heating. It has a finish that is non-stick. Also, it has a base that is perforated it is considered to allow proper circulation of air.
- It gives a yummy and crispy crust
- Because it is non-sticky it can be easily cleaned and well maintained
- Its quality is not met up to the standards that are required
- Its perforated base makes its usage tough
7. Chicago Metallic 16124 Professional Non-Stick Deep Dish Pizza Pan:
This pizza pan has a diameter of 14-inches and it is made from the carbon steel. This gives you a great chance to have a yummy pizza time with thin, crispy pizzas along with your loved ones any day that you wish to. It is definitely higher in comparison to its counterparts due to its deep-dish stylish base. Also, this pan has a non-stick finish which makes cooking easier and cleaning too! It weighs 2.07 pounds.
- It is considered to be an ideal choice for pizzas with a thin crust
- It is quite easy to clean and maintain as well
- It is not resistant to scratches
- The quality of the pan is poor and doesn’t meet the needs of the standard expected
8. Wilton Recipe Right Pizza Pans, 2-Piece Set:
You can also make the mouth-watering professional pizzas right at home with this set of pizza oven pan. It has a finish that is non-sticky and thus cooking has become easier than before. Also, it has even heating. It is made from steel that is sturdy and warp resistant. This pan is recommended for hand wash. The weight of this pan is 4.2 ounces.
- It is easier to clean and keep well maintained
- It is quite sturdy
- It has a non-stick finishing
- It is not made out of good quality material
- Also, it will not be durable for a long period of time
9. Calphalon Non-stick Bake-ware, Pizza Pan, 16-inch:
This pizza pan is made from sturdy steel and helps in even cooking. Well, making pizza at home couldn’t get any better. The pan is made with the steel of heavy duty. Also, it has a perforated base and it is also considered to be dishwasher friendly. The weight of the pan is considered to be 1.2 pounds.
- It gives a tasty and crispy crust for your pizzas
- It can be used for both cooking as well as the baking purpose
- Due to its perforated base, its usage tends to become difficult
- This pan is also prone to rust
10.OvenStuff Non-Stick Toaster Oven Pizza Pan, Set of Two – American-Made:
From freshly baked cookies to yummy and crispy pizzas you can make anything that your heart desires in this pan. It has a diameter of 14-inches and also a non-stick surface which makes cooking so easy and comfortable. Apart from this, the price of this pan is considered to be quite reasonable and it also consists of sloped edges which tend to give a perfect shape to your pizzas! The pan is made with aluminium. It weighs around 10.04 ounces.
- It has reasonable pricing
- It is quite big in size
- It is considered to be quite flimsy
- Also, it is not a durable product for your kitchen
What are the benefits of pizza pans?
Well, using pizza pans can be of great help. The metal that is being used for making pizzas is a perfect choice. Also, due to its great finishing, the requirement of oiling is very less. The coating used on the pans of good quality will not chip off or flake away. You can make just the type of pizza you wish to serve all your loved ones. The pans will not require any seasoning also they are an ideal choice for your ovens. There are different types of pizza pans that are available and you can make your choice from the ones that are mentioned below which include the following:
- The coupe pizza pans: they are simple, durable and easy to cook and clean. You can multitask with these pans basically – bake, slice and serve in one pan itself!
- Square deep dish pizza pans: great for baking as well as serving purpose and it can also handle more toppings in comparison with a thin crust pizza.
- Pizza stones: this is one famous and commonly used tool which is useful in the baking of pizzas. The pizza stone is much thicker in comparison to the pizza pans out there.
- Pizza car pans: these pans have a sharp top edge. Also, these pans have perforations as well as nibs which help in the crust to cook faster and thus become crispy.
What is the main difference between a pizza pan and a pizza stone?
When you consider the pizza pans, you can save a lot of time and it is also easy to use. All you need to do is place your pizza in the pan and then finally place it in the oven. But with pizza stones, you will have to preheat the oven, prepare your pizza separately and then keep it in the oven for getting ready.
Also, it is essential that you understand that every pizza pan will have a different impact on the type of pizza crust that is being produced. But these pans are considered to be great as you can cook and serve in the same pan.